Launched on October 12th, 2021, 1MillionDevices.my is a nationwide campaign by UPLIFT to bridge the digital divide in education by equipping every marginalised school-going child with a digital device. This isn’t about technology; it’s about giving underprivileged children an education and a fair chance in life.
RM1,688.00 donated of RM850,000.00 goal
UPLIFT hopes to address this digital divide in 2024 by identifying B20, B40 Secondary School Children in Forms 4 & 5 in 10 Secondary Schools in the KL/Klang Valley. 10 children from each school will receive a refurbished laptop priced at RM 850.00 per unit.
Criteria for Selection of Recipients
For every individual who wants to be a part of 1MillionDevices, they will have to meet the following criteria:
- The household income of the recipient must be lower than RM 4 000.00 per month.
- There must be a stable internet connection within the homes so that they will be able to utilize the digital devices provided.
- Individuals who reside in the PPRs, Low Cost Housing Estates, Orang Asli Settlements and Long Houses are prioritised.
- Other applicants which include Refugees, Persons with Disability and Migrant Workers will also be considered for the above campaign.
- Single Mothers will be given priority.
- Families with many children will be given priority so that the device can be shared amongst all the children.
Contributions to be made to:
Pertubuhan Bangkit (UPLIFT Organisation)
Maybank Account No : 564342627846